Traveling Exhibition Meeting & Marketplace [TEMM]
RO.ME – Museum Exhibition has launched, in November 2019 edition, the “Traveling Exhibition Meeting and Marketplace” [TEMM]
Over the past decade, the number of international treaties, agreements and joint ventures between states, local authorities, museums, cultural institutions and companies has increased significantly, with loans of individual art works, cultural partnerships, exchanges and rentals of travelling exhibitions. This phenomenon is due to the strong growth in the number of museums (there were 25,000 in 1975, there are more than 80,000 today) and exhibition spaces without permanent collections (it is estimated that they are almost 200,000), whose offer system is focused on exhibitions often provided by third parties. In a global market still lacking of safe figures, good practices and shared rules, new comers with significant investments and relevant art heritage but not exposed regularly, emerges the need of marketplaces to facilitate the exchange, presentation and co-production of traveling exhibitions and exhibition partnerships, to allow the match between museums/producers and the venues.
Italy, the nation that invented the concept of cultural diplomacy in the Renaissance, and, Rome, its eternal capital, are the ideal places to bring together innovative and dynamic players, to reflect on facts & figures, to discuss key trends, foster the market building process.
TEMM is an international event that aims to connect players that want to produce, present and propose projects of traveling exhibitions. An appointment where you can have insights and share trends, innovative contents and key-figures, present your programs in an international marketplace, profiled with the most representative museum and non-museum buyers. Networking is the key factor of the event, the participation of operators at the marketplace is based on criteria of quality and international representation. Figures that will take part at the event: non-profit producers, commercial producers, members of ICEE- The International Committee for Exhibition Exchange, private museums, shopping/retail centers with exhibition space and hybrid spaces producing traveling exhibitions.
List of institutions and companies that have attended TEMM 2019
- Ministry of Cultural Heritage and Activities and Tourism, Italy
- Ministry of Foreign Affairs and International Cooperation, Italy
- Smithsonian Institution Traveling Exhibition Service, US
- Victoria and Albert Museum, UK
- Chinese Museums Association Exhibition Exchange Centre, China
- Singapore National Heritage Board, Singapore
- Ministry of Culture of Azerbaijan
- Gallerie Estensi, Italy
- MAXXI – Museo Nazionale delle Arti del XXI Secolo, Italy
- M9 – Museo del ‘900, Italy
- Palazzo Ducale di Genova, Italy
- Gallerie Nazionali di Arte Antica di Roma, Italy
- Museo Nazionale Etrusco di Villa Giulia, Italy
- Collezione Maramotti, Italy
- Museo delle Culture di Lugano, Switzerland
- Museo Nazionale dell’Automobile, Italy
- Cose Belle d’Italia Media Entertainment – Magister, Italy
- Scuola Grande della Misericordia, Italy
- Contemporanea Progetti, Italy
- CMS Cultura, Italy
- Pan Art Connections Inc., US
- Vastari Group, UK
- Fondazione Palazzo Te, Italy
The programme included a market overview, a round-table with some of the main international players, a presentation session of Italian museums projects of traveling exhibitions, a pitch playground where each institution/producer had 10 minutes to illustrate their catalog of projects, and – a marketplace with a one-to-one business matching with 20-minute slots
Registration and help desk
KEYNOTE SPEECH - Insight on the international traveling exhibition market
- Francesca Polo Guido Guerzoni
Round Table - Session I
- Paolo Campione Giuseppe Pastorelli Federica Galloni Qian Qian Olivia Oldroyd Christina Schwartz
Round Table - Session II
- Giuseppe Pastorelli Federica Galloni Linda Carioni Alberto Rossetti Thomas Clement Salomon
KEYNOTE SPEECH - L’ importanza di un partner di logistica nella fase di studio e programmazione di una mostra itinerante nell’ottica della sicurezza delle opere ed ottimizzazione dei costi.
- Antonio Addari
Introduzione a cura di: Antonio Addari, Arterìa.
I Session - Presentation of the projects of travelling exhibitions of Italian museum
Pitch playground where each museum/institution/producer has 10 minutes to illustrate their catalogue of exhibitions/projects
II Session- business matches one – to one
with slots of 20 minutes, where individual bidders can be met by potential buyers.